Kraljevo is located in the middle part of Central Serbia, in Raska District. In times of the Roman Empire the wider location of Kraljevo was part of the ‘Dubrovnik road’ – a trade connection on the Dubrovnik – Constantinople way. This place was mentioned for the first time as Rudo polje in 1476 in the oldest Turkish cadastre listing. In 1560, it gets the name of Karanovac, and acquires the attribute of the ‘King’s Town’ in 1882 with the entrance of King Milan Obrenovic.
There is no reliable data on the beginning of organized activity of tourism in the area of the city of Kraljevo. However, it is known for sure that natural beauties and cultural heritage of this area has impressed many visitors since long time ago.